Waiting for a Letter...Round 2

I talked to my Placement Officer today. He assured me that PC is still very interested in having me serve somewhere, they just don't know WHEN. Or WHAT. Or WHERE.

I found out that they not only cancelled the Honduras training program, but the Guatemala and the El Salvador training programs as well. I am one of over 100 volunteers whose life just got a little more topsy-turvy. Given that info, it's easy to get frustrated. But PC had a lot of hopeful things to say today. Even if it was just designed to placate a lot of potential volunteers running the emotional gamut.

So what did they tell me about my future?
WHEN- I will NOT be going anywhere before March. Most likely going to leave April or May.

WHAT- It is not likely that there will be a job in the Water & Sanitation Department. However, I am also qualified to work in the Youth Development Department, so there may be some options there.

WHERE- Due to the recent cancellation of so many Central/South America training programs, it is HIGHLY unlikely that I will be placed in that region again. That leaves...the entire rest of the world. The placement officer mentioned that my Spanish background could qualify me for any romance language country in Africa.


Finally, he said I should be getting a letter with information about my new invitation in the mail in the next 2-4. It's the 'Waiting for a Letter Game'...Round 2.

There's nothing I can do for the next 14 days. Then it's back to mailbox tackling. From now until January 3rd my plan is to enjoy the holiday season with as many friends and family as I can and relax. I'll tackle 2012 when it gets here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#thirdworldproblems

"...Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

$omething They Forgot to Mention...