"...Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

After an excruciatingly long and arduous 9 hour bus trip, I was finally able to open my letter. I will be going to HONDURAS and I start orientation on FEB 22nd. I will be in training in Honduras then until May 12th when I move out to my site and then will finish my contract with the PC on May 12th 2014.

My job title is 'Environment and Water Extensionist' meaning that I work with other government agencies and private voluntary organizations like Engineers Without Borders to: 

1. To design and provide technical support for the rehabilitation, construction, or expansion of rural water and sanitation systems.
2. To provide training of rural community water associations and system operators.
3. To deliver environmental and sanitation education to community groups.

There's another 20-some pages describing what all of that means, but I'll spare you those details. Right now I have a ton of things to read and an acceptance letter to write to officially accept my position, but...I AM GOING TO HONDURAS! Epically excited.

So, you have all been warned. I leave roughly Feb 21st, so you have 3.5 months to see me before 2014. I want to see YOU!

More details on addresses and such to come, so please bookmark this page and check it regularly for updates on my Peace Corps Adventure!

Finally, thanks SO MUCH to everyone who recommended me, who encouraged me, who cheered me on through the process, and who put up with me when I endured computer trouble, snowstorms, and long periods of waiting. 

Love you guys!

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I am going to be heading to Honduras as well in February as a Water and Sanitation Engineer! Looking forward to meeting you in 3.5 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Very cool, I will see you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, I would love to chat sometime before february! amnaylor9821@gmail.com is where you can reach me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#thirdworldproblems

$omething They Forgot to Mention...