Treading Water

It's been awhile, so I decided to post, even though not much new has happened in my life on the PC front. I've caught the winter doldrums and have had a rough past week or two. A lot of my friends are off 'living the dream' of doing theatre work in big cities like New York and Chicago, and well, I am jealous. I knew by doing PC I was sacrificing a lot of time getting my foot in the door and establishing myself as a theatre professional, I just didn't realize how MUCH time it would mean I would be sitting around just WAITING. Anyone who knows me knows that sitting around and waiting are NOT my strong suits. Unfortunately, I take my frustration out my parents, who are graciously letting me live rent-free with them during this whole process...but they're still parents, and after 4 years of living on my own, it drives me crazy.

My life consists of rocking the Home Depot from 5:45am-2:45pm M-F, and all that that entails, going to the gym 3-4 times a week, and Spanish class from 4-6 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Spanish class is, hands down, my favorite part of the week. It is the only time I feel like I am actually accomplishing something with my life and actually DOING anything. And I feel like I am making real progress, although the last two weeks it seems to have plateaued, I am ahead of most of the rest of the class and there are a few students that just really aren't keeping up, so we spend a lot of time re-reviewing. It's frustrating for me because I know how valuable every minute in class is going to be in just a short time, but I tend to space out because I get bored. I am hoping to be able to take the next Spanish class, Conversations in Spanish, because by definition of the class, it is exactly how I need to be spending a significant portion of my time before my departure- having conversations. In Spanish. (whoa, crazy, I know). However, it is from 12-2 T/R and that's going to totally mess up my HD schedule, which may mean that I lose my full time position. Which would be sad for the paycheck. And would put me back on working weekends. Ew.

In other news, I am scenic designing Legally Blonde the Musical for Grand Island Northwest High School and have hand drafted all the pieces, and am currently about 1/2 through the paint elevations. Doing all of this by hand is rough, but it keeps me busy and the busier I am, the better. It's all about staying busy at this point.

In PC world, I need to get a Yellow Fever Vaccine in the next couple weeks and send in that paperwork, and then just do a basic organization of my PC paperwork in general. It's all sort of a hott mess with the two sets of invitation paperwork, cost-share reimbursement documents, etc.

For now, I tackle one day at a time, remind myself how important this is to me, and try to enjoy every minute with my friends and family...even when they make me crazy.

92 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#thirdworldproblems

"...Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

$omething They Forgot to Mention...