RPCV LIFE: A Journey Across Central America

I am going to attempt to post daily summaries and highlights of the Central America adventure. They obviously won't be posted in a timely or consistant manner, but hopefully I can keep my mass posts sequential. It's a roughly 2 month journey from the jungles of the Darien to the chaos of Mexico City and then onto life in the US.

Start Date: August 7, 2015
End Date: October 2015

Here we go!

Day 1 
Woke up with a terrible sore throat, headache, and slight fever. Less than 24 hours after my Close of Service, I found myself in the Peace Corps office getting antibiotics for strep throat. Met with Ben afterwards to rearrange our Darien visit plans, then slept...for the rest of the day.

Day 2 
Woke up at 10am, feeling human again but not great. Laid around the hostel all day until 3pm when I went to the market and mall to get some stuff for travels- shirts without holes, stains, or mold; sandals; and a Kuna headscarf. Back at hostel, made mac n cheese for dinner and repacked.


Day 3
An uneventful, albeit early, Darien bus trip got me to Meteti by 1pm, where upon stepping off the bus, an Embera woman I didn't know saw my paruma and made it her personal mission to make sure I got a ride to Nuevo Vigia. We found some teachers and a few hours later I was sitting in Fuljencio's house chatting about life. Spent the evening visiting houses with Ben and eating lots of fried plantains. Slept at his neighbor Enilda's- 10 of us in one room! (so glad I had a hammock!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#thirdworldproblems

"...Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

$omething They Forgot to Mention...